PDA

View Full Version : Mentor Wanted first time hunting x10 don't mind don't mind backpacking in

big rhino
06-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Don't mind scouting either

Bubblehide
06-20-2013, 07:12 PM
X-10 has been, for years, running a 4% success rate; last year, after years, it rose again to 10%. The deer are dispersed throughout the zone during the general season. However the majority of the deer are in the western portion of the zone, during the general season. There are lots of well known spots for bucks, and the zone does have some nice bucks. But, the zone is a tough tough hunt. The zone is in drought type conditions, with some seeps drying out. But in general, you can still get water from most seeps, it just might take a little work and time. A lot of people hunt the high country passes and surrounding areas, but if you want to get away from the crowds, I would hit remote areas of the Kern Plauto. The zone is very much like a pine-ed desert, so camping near water will be essential for you.

big rhino
06-20-2013, 08:06 PM
that is some awsom info .I've been on Google Earth and think I might have found some water sources. plan on hiking in and sitting back half mile or so and just glass. hopefully me an my hunting partner spot some good deer on our scouting mission this weekend thanks again you've been a great help