PDA

View Full Version : Mentor Wanted deer/pig/bear/bird, LA County high desert area

huntnbob
08-04-2010, 04:13 PM
looking for someone to bowhunt with..la county area or where ever have never bow hunted but have hunted before (25yrs ago) have all gear to hunt...AO tag...A17 tag want to learn more abuot bowhunting and looking for good people to hunt with...have 4x4 also... live in the high desert area so mountians are close enough to do afternoon hunts..thanks Bob

leftyhunter
10-23-2010, 10:45 PM
HI Hutinbob,
If I lived in Lancaster I would seriously check out Wildernes Unlimited because they lease ranchs in Teachapi and Caliente which are maybe in hrs drive from Lancaster with out traffic. I have seen deer and one pig plus bears on their properties plus lots of quail. The success rate for nearby A-31 and D-11 are very low but some hunters due scout a lot and few get archery deer every year. Check with Sean English on the upland forum he is really into chuckar.
Take Care
Leftyhunter

dlvmark
02-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Hay Bob there are some good areas near you. I have seen some great racks, sign all over the place for deer. I have a place for bear too but its a little futher from you. I interested email me at dlvmark@yahoo.com. Maybe we can find a few.