PDA

View Full Version : Wardens

abalonehunter
05-27-2010, 08:46 AM
I have fished for over forty years and hunted sense I was sixteen. I have never seen such abuse by Game Wardens as I have seen in the last three years. The young Wardens pick and choose who they write citations to. Warden Joel Hendricks is one who everyone should look out for even if you do everything right.

Marty
05-27-2010, 09:18 AM
What office is he working out of? And are you implying that he cited you over others? What's the full story?

abalonehunter
05-27-2010, 12:48 PM
He works out of Fort Bragg. I don't have a case.

MoReno
05-27-2010, 02:19 PM
The best warden in that area is gone, Dennis M , and his frustrations with the new regime and the lack of support was very clear. He was the best, would bust you to the fullest extent if you deserved it, but would go out of his way to help you too. The Fort Bragg area is under seige, take a look out there on a low tide sometime. It looks like you are in a foreign country.

Still no excuse for a warden to forget he is a public servant.

bux-n-dux
05-27-2010, 06:12 PM
If you do everything right, then I don't understand the issue. Sure, any LE personnel can harass or abuse the privelege of the badge, but a person, a citizen, has recourse. If one has, in fact, done everything right.

I'm lucky. I've never been unduly harrassed by any game warden. Police officer, yes. but then again, i wasn't exactly doing everything right............

Common Sense
05-27-2010, 08:18 PM
My first encounter in the field with a CA Game Warden was over fifty years ago. I would imagine that just about all of my encounters could have yielded me a citation if the wardens followed the letter of the law and went by the book. So far, every warden I met followed the spirit of the law and I have never been cited.

Where's Bruce?
08-30-2010, 07:20 PM
I've been fishing since 1968 and had literally hundreds of encounters with the badge but not a single ticket. Just follow the rules and be respectful...no worries.

abalonehunter
08-31-2010, 07:34 AM
I will tell the whole story next week after our court date. My advise is any time you are confronted by a game warden record it.

mc2212
10-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Where's the story?

jerryt
10-15-2010, 09:22 AM
Most of the Wardens I have run into have been fair. One was writing me up one day stating I was hunting Pheasants illegally after the season. I was carrying a bow and flu-flu arrows. I let him do his thing and then as he was handing over the ticket I asked him if he thought he should look at the regulations before he handed that over. He was clueless to the fact that there was an archery season that extended beyond the shotgun season. He then thought about giving me a ticket because in the truck in my bow case were regular arrows, said I should not have those at all in the truck even if I am in the field with the correct arrows. He tried to get me again the next year for hunting snipe in the marsh, because he didn't know there was a season for them either.

abalonehunter
10-24-2010, 07:54 PM
I got a lawyer who met with the d a's office and they came to the conclusion no case. Complaints have been filed on the warden and of course f&g doesn't care what there Wardens do so long as they bring in revenue.