PDA

View Full Version : Mentor Wanted Partner needed for Nor Cal pigs

freezer
01-30-2010, 06:51 AM
Duck season is over and it sucked. My first year in the refuges. Now it's time to start thinking about pigs. I'm looking to hunt with someone that has had some sucess on public land. I have my own equipment and have been hunting since I was a kid. I can carry my own weight. I just don't know where to go in Ca. PM me if your interested.

dglover
02-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Your best bet for hunting public land pigs is to put in some time and boot leather. Unless you have something to lose/ exchange for a successful spot it will be tough to convince someone to give up a spot that produces.

The pig in my avatar comes from public land. That spot has been hammered with hunters after I was busted taking out a different pig. The pressure has been too much and the pig sightings have been few and far between. The land in question is not even listed by DFG as having pigs.

When hunting public land go to the hard to reach places. Also hunt areas that limit the method of take. Shotgun only or archery only are good bets. If it is public land and easy to reach then the pigs are probably not there. Good luck!

freezer
02-06-2010, 05:56 AM
I'm 52, have a small motor home, a 4x4 and aluminum boad that can be hualed by both. I'm in decent physical condition and have no problems helping on long drags. I have a small winch and game hoist for lifting game. I'm a safe ethical hunter. What am I looking for? A hunting partner! It's no fun and not safe hunting alone in unfamilar terrain. I lost my best friend and hunting partner five years ago. I hunt Lake Shasta for deer and bear. I usually hunt alone there because I've hiked and hunted there for 25 years. Want to hunt the mountans in Shasta come on. I also love to duck hunt.

iroc6976
02-06-2010, 01:47 PM
near redding theres some pigs around black bute lake and it is legal to hunt there i have gotten a couple turkeys there and seen pigs so its a spot not to far from you to try you can also camp and fish there

freezer
02-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Actually it is a hike, I live in the SF Bay area. I will have to take a look at it though. Thanks.

Shmave23
02-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Freezer

Im lookin into hunting trinity/shasta area this season for Deer and Bear. If you are down to have a 25yr old tag allong and help with the haul. I dont know to many people that are down to let me hunt with them.
PM me if you want.

-Dave