PDA

View Full Version : Great weather in mendo

White Mamba
06-16-2009, 07:07 PM
A epic day on monday, 30 ft vis and fish and abs galore. Dove for five hours.

CAjackrabbitWCP
06-16-2009, 09:34 PM
That's one hell of a day in the water. I wish we had the rockfish down here in Diego like up there.

What's the water temp?

Duknutz
06-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Nice haul! Fish AB's and Uni! What a day.

Made three days of diving at Fort Ross a couple weekends ago and the ocean was flat as could be.Viz was bad as the bloom was in full swing,but loads of abs.

Dain V
06-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Good work. I think lings are probably one of my favorite fish to eat. CAjackrabbit, we might not have the lings, but at least we have wsb.

White Mamba
06-19-2009, 10:05 PM
I think it was around 54*

CAjackrabbitWCP
06-22-2009, 10:11 PM
That's true. I'm out on SCI right now for work. Got a couple of opportunities to get in the water and the fish out here are all over the place. Sheepshead, perch and calicos no problem. I had one of those days on the water though... missed 35+ lb wsb skipped a spear off a yellow tails head, should have had a halibut and my swim buddy had about a 10 white shark swim right underneath him and eat a yellow tail he 'd just shot. Pretty crazy...

Dain V
06-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Wow, being a spearfishermen and working on SCI, cant beat that. I have not been out their since I commercial lobster fished out of high school back in 98. Lost a big yellowtail in front of what I think was called mosquito cove.

Whats up with all the GWS sightings? I understand they are always around, just seems a lot more are being seen this year. Oh well what can you do.

CAjackrabbitWCP
06-25-2009, 02:19 PM
It's pretty ridicilious how many fishing boats are out here. Out on the far north end of the island right in front of the MAROPS building and BUD/s beach. Party boats and charters literally fishing the same kelp beds that I was spearfishing sometimes 5-7 a day and they overnight right in the bay.