PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

DB Bill
09-20-2002, 10:40 PM
Jesse&#39;s was recommended...took a look and thought I&#39;d join you. Live in sunny Southern California and have been to Africa twice...both times to Zimbabwe. Hope I can make a contribution and I know I&#39;m not to old to learn something new. http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley-wavin-yel.gif

spectr17
09-22-2002, 12:18 AM
Welcome DB Bill. What type of game did you hunt on your safaris?

jjhack
09-22-2002, 12:02 PM
Good to see your here Bill, We can all benifit from your insightful and entertaining posts. We have visited for years on other forums, so I&#39;m glad you finally pitched up here too!

DB Bill
09-22-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by jjhack@Sep 22 2002, 11:02 AM
Good to see your here Bill, We can all benifit from your insightful and entertaining posts. We have visited for years on other forums, so I&#39;m glad you finally pitched up here too!
Thanks guys...love to talk about guns and hunting. I&#39;ve been hunting since Truman was President and dreamed about Africa when I was given a copy of Ruark&#39;s Horn of the Hunter when I was a teenager...finally got to go after my sons finished grad school and law school.

First trip was a Ranch hunt in Zim that was only modestly sucessful but the second was the trip of a lifetime.....leopard, buffalo, sable, kudu, warthog, impala, lots of baboons on that trip...the highlights of that trip were dropping a big buff in his tracks and sustaining a leopard charge after the only bad shot I made the whole trip.

I used to have several safes full of rifles but decided to settle on two (at the time) and now is shoot a Lazzeroni 9.53 HellCat (.375) based on the short Patiot case and a Lasseroni Patriot (.308)...both of which exhibit almost varmint-rifle type accuracy when I do my part. I recently bought a little custom bolt-action cannon chambered in .450 Marlin. I don&#39;t know what I&#39;ll use it on but I think it is whispering "wild hogs" in my ear.

I&#39;m retired from the USAF and have hunted extensively in Alaska (stationed there for 4 years), some in Canada and a few trips in the West. Grew up in Pennsylvania but now live in sunny Southern California.

When I get a chance I&#39;ll post some photos.