PDA

View Full Version : moving to arlington

chris21908
08-22-2007, 06:19 PM
hi! im moving from california to arlington, Va in 2 weeks. I wanted to know if anyone has any info on where i can bird hunt on public land. Im looking for dove, quail and pheasant. i dont wanna drive too far to hunt.

thanks guys!!

LexVegas
09-04-2007, 03:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chris21908 @ Aug 22 2007, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=892834)</div>
hi! im moving from california to arlington, Va in 2 weeks. I wanted to know if anyone has any info on where i can bird hunt on public land. Im looking for dove, quail and pheasant. i dont wanna drive too far to hunt.

thanks guys!![/b]

Well, I&#39;m assuming you&#39;re in NoVa now, and chances are you&#39;ve discovered that you&#39;re going have to drive a good ways to find any public land. The closest spots I know of would be out in Loudon or western Fairfax county, and there&#39;s a lot of good land south towards Richmond if you&#39;re looking for waterfowling public land. the DGIF website is your friend--all the information is on there, but it might take a little research and driving to find good spots that aren&#39;t overcrowded. Call the Regional Office closest to where you want to hunt if you find a promising spot--they&#39;ll tell you all about the land and how much pressure it gets. good luck.