PDA

View Full Version : WHAT ABOUT D-9 ?

overdrawn
04-03-2001, 08:52 AM
I have bowhunted d-8 for the past 4 yrs, successful the very first yr. and probably would have been the following years with a touch of magic. What I'm looking for is info on d-9 particularly the (piute mountain pass area] ###I have heard some good about the area, but no detail as far as camping and campfires. Any info will be appreciated. Always looking for something new.
thanks.

prohunter
04-07-2001, 11:03 PM
i have hunted d-8 all my life. just curios where you hunt? if successful why change zones?
prohunter

overdrawn
04-08-2001, 03:55 PM
prohunter...I hunt the Portuguese Pass area, Baker pt. etc. last year there was a posting in the Panorama camp site that the Forestry was eliminating the campsite ie. removing all firerings and the tables and outhouse...that is one of the reasons, of course the area is still huntable and camping still permited...just looking for a possible change. Heard from the guys in Isabella that there were some good bucks over there in the piutes, and just trying to get a verification and info. My friend, who was first time out last bow season there(d-8) took a forky and I missed a 4x3. I just may know you if you camp there too. Name here is Terry, I'll most likely still hunt d-8 too.

prohunter
04-08-2001, 08:51 PM
overdrawn... sent you an e-mail before i read this. i have friends that always camp there with you. pete carganilla and his group. i can't believe they are going to shut that camp site down (clinton's monument).
happy hunting