PDA

View Full Version : UNSUCCESSFUL NOTICE AGAIN

Fubar
06-18-2001, 03:31 PM
I just got my unsuccessful notice in the mail fram the California DFG. I am used to it so I am not to disappointed. I will pick some D zone now and go hunting out of state. Zones with tags remaining as of June 14th are ###A ###B ###C ###D3-5 ###D6 ###D7 ###D8 ###D9 ### ###D10 ###D11 ###D12 ###D13 ###D14 ###D15 ###D16 ###D17 ###D19 ###Hunts ###A1 ###A2 ###A15 ###A17 ###A18 ###A19 ###A22 ###A23 ###A31 ### and AO#1

Fubar
06-18-2001, 04:05 PM
Who got drawn and for what zone? Who struck out like me? How many years since you have been drawn? ###Just curious. ### ### ### ### ### Fubar

spectr17
06-18-2001, 04:28 PM
I'm a reject too. How do you alibi a strangled mailman?

wavesfr
06-18-2001, 05:11 PM
WOW that was fast.I just called them today & they said I can't find out until the 25th.So I'll be looking in the mail.Sorry guys but I know the feeling too year after year after year

Richard Webb
06-18-2001, 07:03 PM
Well, at least I know that if I don't get X-12 I will get C-4. ###I think the guys who got mail today were the ones who lost out on all 3 choices during the first round? ###C-4 is still available, so I didn't gain much by selecting it as my second choice. ###Guess, I should have tried for X Zones on all three of my choices? ###It sure was nice back in the old days when this State was divided into Early & Late Deer Season. ###What year was it when F & G carved up California? ###1972? ###

karstic
06-18-2001, 09:41 PM
Well I didn't get a premium draw so its on to Plan B. Any suggestions for D zone hunts. I'm not looking for your secret spot, just general locations. I am most interested in the San Gabriels or San Bernardino Mountains.

Stephan

Speckmisser
06-18-2001, 10:44 PM
Just hopped over to the DFG site. ###

Looks like the notifications to unsuccessful Premium Tag applicants went out first. ###Next should be the successful notices (mine included...I hope I hope I hope) for Elk, Antelope, and Sheep. ###Finally, the successful premium tag applicants should be notified... And they still say they'll have the results posted by the 25th. ###

QALHNTR
06-19-2001, 06:49 AM
Seems like I just mailed my app. yesterday. ###I'll keep my fingers crossed (X9A) that nothing bad comes in the mail today.

zimm36
06-19-2001, 10:01 AM
I too am a reject ;-) ###Put in for G6, about 15 to 1 odds and no luck. ###Plan B puts me in D14 around Big Bear somewhere. ###When should I start scouting? ###Never hunted this area so if anyone can inform me as to where to start looking I would appreciate it. ###Best luck to all who have not yet heard...no news is good news!!

Zimm

paulc
06-19-2001, 10:41 AM
no news is good news.. to date i have never drawn an x zone tag or any coveted tag in ca...
i am sooooo due...

Fubar
06-19-2001, 11:02 AM
Zimm ###I have never bagged a deer in D-14. There are some deer there. There is heavy hunting pressure. Opening day is a joke. On the DFG web page they have a list of areas and places that offer some of the better deer hunting in different zones. You can check that. You might also try to talk to a DFG biologist that works in that area. Check Jesses web page for phone numbers and contacts. Jesses web page should have plenty of info to get you started. ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### Fubar

lintongb
06-19-2001, 11:14 AM
I got rejected too. ###Was hoping for X9a but when I got home the rejection letter was waiting for me. ###Found out that my dad and I got rejected yesterday in the Utah draw also because they said he wrote down the wrong CC number on the application. ###Now I have to wait until July 26 for a first come first serve basis. ###Two rejections in one day. ###Ouch!!

Fubar
06-19-2001, 11:38 AM
lintongb ### What is a CC number? ### ### ### ### Fubar

brknarrow
06-19-2001, 01:17 PM
conservation certificate

lintongb
06-19-2001, 01:17 PM
Credit Card Number. ###I wish they would have let us know there was a problem but we didn't find out until yesterday which is too late. ###Hopefully we will be able to buy them on line on July 26 at 5am (6am Utah time). ###It is on a first-come first serve basis. ###I understand there are only 382 Central tags left and they will go to both residents and non-residents.

Sporty
06-19-2001, 01:39 PM
No news here yet so that is good. I was just wondering what zones everybody is being rejected for and where they plan to hunt as plan B. Good luck to all this season.
Sporty

Fubar
06-19-2001, 01:54 PM
Sporty I was rejected for G-6 this year. In the past I have been rejected for X-12 a lot, X9A and MA1. ###Plan B is get a D zone tag somewhere and then go hunt out of state. ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### Fubar

doghouse
06-19-2001, 02:01 PM
We put in for X3B, and haven't heard anything yet. ###No news is good news so far. ###I live out in the country, so I won't get too excited for a day or two yet....
Now if I could only draw that Elk hunt too....

Blacktail Buck
06-19-2001, 02:56 PM
Well, Just got shot down in Ore. deer draw, still waiting for Ca. so far no news. put in for M5 (East Lassen). ###Planning to hunt "B"zones if I'm not drawn(again). good luck to you all this year.
Blacktail Buck

Fubar
06-19-2001, 06:22 PM
Brknarrow ###Thats what I thought too but Utah doesnt have a conservation certificate. ### ### ### ### ###Fubar

doghouse
06-20-2001, 02:51 AM
I talked to one of the other party members on our draw tonight, He got his rejection notice today.
It will be ###a G tag and a B tag again this year.

prohunter
06-20-2001, 08:46 AM
haven't gotten anything in the mail yet. neither has my hunting partner. we put in together. i hope this is a good sign.

db 183
06-20-2001, 02:35 PM
YOU GUYS THAT WERE REJECTED HAVE IT LUCKY. 5 OF US AT WORK PUT IN EVERY YEAR TOGETHER. THE GUY THAT IS OUR PARTY LEADER HAS HUNTED D3 FOR 25 YEARS AND DOESN'T CARE IF HE GETS ONE OR NOT (ALTHOUGH HE HAS 23 FROM THE AREA). ANYWAY, WE TRUSTED HIM TO TURN IN THE APPS LIKE HE DOES EVERY YEAR. NO INKLING OF ANY PERSONAL PROBLEMS. AS IT TURNS OUT WE ALL GOT OUR D3 TAGS A WEEK BEFORE THE DRAW.
I CALLED DFG TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS UP.
AS IT TURNS OUT, ###OUR "FRIEND" SCREWED US. HE PUT IN FOR D3-5 ONLY AND DID NOT PUT IN OUR X ZONES. I WAS (AND STILL AM FIT TO BE TIED). ONE OF THE GUYS IN THE GROUP ALREADY CONFRONTED OUR "FRIEND" AND HE TRIED TO LIE TO US. WE TOLD HIM WE CALLED AND HE STILL TRIED TO LIE.
I WISH IS IN THE BOAT OF JUST NOT GETTING DRAWN. I HAVE YET TO TALK TO MY "FRIEND" AND HE SURE MANAGES TO AVOID ME TOO....
WE DEFINITELY WON'T BE LETTING HIM INTO THE GROUP NEXT YEAR FOR THE DRAW EITHER....

duckman2000
06-20-2001, 03:47 PM
Hey doghouse if you are in the same party that your buddy that got the reject notice.then you wont be going to any G zone there arent any left that i know of

Bigolwiggler
06-20-2001, 07:47 PM
Well heres what I put in for :

1st choice ###G-37.................roughly ### 1-75 ### odds. ###
2nd choice ###B-2...................Odds?....its a gimme

Grizzly Island Cow ..............Odds ###1/20 to 1/130

###(I was using 2000 regs for the odds.)

Havnt got anything in the mail yet. Hope that no news is good news !

The wife does get to the mail box before I do though.
Maybe she is cuttin me off at the pass......Maybe she dont want me to hunt this year...............

She keeps sayin we need time together ........somethin about communication......
Dont know quite what she means.......? ### ### :{ ###
### ### ### ### ###

Hmmmmm......

Anyway , back to business, wish me the best , ### hope all you that havent heard anything get your wishes.

Brett.........................

NASCARMAN
06-21-2001, 08:04 AM
Hello Spectr17 and everyone else.
Im a mailman and I got my notification for antelope in Likely Tables today. ###

Fubar
06-21-2001, 08:47 AM
Congratulations Steve ###Thats a tough draw. Did you draw for the first or second season? Have you ever been there?There are lots of lopes up on the table. ### ### ### ### ### ### ###Fubar

NASCARMAN
06-21-2001, 08:57 AM
Fubar, I got drawn for the second season. ###Ive hunted X3B before but I know thats a whole different story. ###Any suggestions on where to start scounting would be greatly appreciated. ###Thanks

Sporty
06-21-2001, 12:17 PM
NASCARMAN, Congatulations on Likely Tables here is a link to Fish and Games info for Likely Tables.http://www.dfg.ca.gov/hunting/zone3.html

(Edited by Sporty at 12:21 pm on June 21, 2001)

spectr17
06-21-2001, 03:09 PM
Hello Nascarman,

No worries, I've got a big lot in back and I buried him deep, they'll never find him. :o

Congrats on the speed goat tag. You might want to hit the stateline and check out your streak on the gambling tables.

Fubar
06-21-2001, 03:23 PM
Nascarman send me an E-mail and I will dig out some of my maps and see if I can help. ###Fubar

Kentuck
06-21-2001, 04:07 PM
Nascarman, ###Ditto on what Fubar said. I'll even tell you what tree to sit under or what rock to sit on!

NASCARMAN
06-21-2001, 07:10 PM
Thanks guys, any info on Likely Tables would be greatly appreciated cause I dont want to mess this opportunity of a lifetime (well at least ten years) to go to waste.

paulc
06-21-2001, 08:25 PM
i submitted tags for deer,elk and antelope for myself, wife and 12yr old son and i have got nothing in the mail yet,,, wouldnt the reject notices be in by now??

Speckmisser
06-21-2001, 09:21 PM
Paul,

You'll only get reject notices for your deer apps. ###For elk and antelope tags you only get notified if you're successful. ###Those tags should be coming around sometime soon...if not, the results are supposedly going up on the DFG website by Monday.

paulc
06-22-2001, 07:24 PM
speckmisser, thanks for the info... so far i got back my b tag that i ordered for my ###2nd tag and my son got his tag for 2nd choice j14.. but nothing else.. so i will have all the good/bad news by next week..

Speckmisser
06-22-2001, 07:53 PM
Paul, if you didn't get reject notice on your deer app, odds are pretty good you got something. ###I'm in the same boat, though...waiting, waiting, ever so patiently!

OK, I'm not patient at all! ###I want my tags, dangit!

QALHNTR
06-23-2001, 06:57 AM
Applied as a group and none of us has received a thing yet. ###Good thing I'm working 12's because I haven't had time to dream about X9A. ###Going fishing in Newport Harbor tonight after work - going to slay some Bay Bass in my tube. ###Good luck everyone.

wavesfr
06-23-2001, 12:25 PM
well I guess I won't be going G-3.My buddy who was in our party got his unsuccesful notice yesterday.So I guess that's that huh good luck to the rest of you guys

Fubar
06-23-2001, 12:45 PM
Sorry to hear that Wavesfr. What is your plan B? ### ### ### ### Fubar

wavesfr
06-23-2001, 02:36 PM
Not sure yet maybe d7 but probably another a tag.I usually see legal bucks.Just getting kinda of tired of the coastal forkie's ya know? Last year I seen a buck that dwarfed that 3x3 I got but just could'nt see good enough for the shot.But I just replaced My 3x9x32 with a 4x16x50 so that should work huh? lol & a 16 year old kid shot that buck during the junior season.At least it looked like the same one bye for now

Fubar
06-23-2001, 03:57 PM
Wavesfr I used to like huntin the coast but now I am gettin to the point I just dont like huntin in the heat. Sure is a great place during turkey season though. ### ### ### ### ### ###Fubar

THBailey
06-23-2001, 04:42 PM
Well, for the 35th year in a row, no antelope tag. ###(Big Sigh) ###No X tag either. ###Looks like A zone and D 3-5 again.

EricW
06-23-2001, 05:37 PM
wavesfr,
### ### I did the same as you with G-3 as my first choice, but with 88:1 draw odds, ###your chances of drawing sometime before you die are likekly less than 50:50. You fully expect disapointment for many years when you put that one down under the new swim or sink on your first choice system, this is why I do not like it. I have not heard yet, but fully expect X9C will be my CA hunt this year. I have a NV area 7 deer tag and an Idaho mountain goat tag, and will get to help a buddy who drew the SHEEP tag (makes the Goodale draw look easy) in the Sheephole Mtns.. I really do not care about the CA draw! What a fall! I can not wait!

wavesfr
06-24-2001, 12:50 AM
Yeah I know .How about making when you draw a premium tag you have to wait a certain number of years before you can apply again? That's not too much to ask for ? I would be willing to do that.As for next year I think I'll try & save My money & try utah.

Fubar
06-24-2001, 11:17 AM
Wavesfr How many years should you have to wait after you draw a premium hunt before you can apply again. It is 10 for Antelope. I think it should be 10 for Elk also. What about a premium deer hunt? I say three years unless the hunts do not fill on the first draw. I think this would give more people a chance to draw premium tags. ### ### ### ### ### ### Fubar

wavesfr
06-24-2001, 10:04 PM
sounds good to me fubar .Even if I had been drawn already.I would definitly be willing to wait .10 on elk & 3 for deer so someone else could have a turn.I'm not greedy.I would be happy to draw g-3 & 1 elk only 1 time in My life.Then let the rest have a turn.

idaho
06-25-2001, 08:40 AM
Our drawing here in Idaho for Elk isn't until the 1st of July. I applied for a Bull tag for Unit 11. Will lt you know if I was drawn by July the 10th. If not I will just hunt the regular season for the Elk City Zone and it will be bulls only. My son got drawn for a cow in 8a last year and got his cow. He applied for the same area this year.

mike harvey
06-28-2001, 10:23 AM
DFG has a website that will let you know if you are
successful. ###www.dfg.ca.gov/dfg home.html

Click on drawing results and supply your name and drivers license #

Fubar
06-28-2001, 10:34 AM
Mike Welcome to the Forum ### ### ### ### ###Fubar

QALHNTR
06-29-2001, 05:08 PM
Hey EricW,
You sound like someone I should talk to. ###We always choose X9A, X9C and D14. ###We've gotten X9A a few times. ###This year we drew X9C, but I've never been there. ###Big country -any suggestions on where to start scouting? ###Thanks.

EricW
07-01-2001, 06:14 PM
The Death Valley expansion really hurt this area for access. Hunter mountain used to be good, but is now in the park. The White's have the most (but not lots of) deer. You are pretty much limited to the southern end of these and a couple of eastern canyons, unless you wear a big S on your chest. There are year round streams, try the ridges around them. If you try the Inyo's, springs are the key. Get a good map and find the springs, especially in this hot, dry year. There are not lots of access points, so I do not want to get too specific. There are some really nice bucks in there, but you may go days without seeing a deer, patience is a must.

QALHNTR
07-05-2001, 08:20 AM
Thanks Eric. ###We've already got two scouting weekends planned. ###Found another buddy who knows the area pretty well. ###He's excited to go with us. ###Thanks again.