PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Club

Blacktail Buck
06-27-2001, 06:24 PM
The ol' man and I are considering joining Wilderness Unlimited, I would like to know if any of you have any thoughts on this "group/club". ###Any info would be helpfull, good or bad

Mel Carter
06-27-2001, 11:14 PM
I joined WU 2 years ago and so far I love it. I took a small fork last year and missed some pigs. I haven't used the club to its full potential but it's great to hunt and be away from the crowds. I think you'll like it. Compared to golden ram, WU has about 60 more ranches for the same price.

Mel

Blacktail Buck
06-28-2001, 12:10 AM
Thank you Mel for your reply, I spoke with my Dad tonight and we have decided to join, I think it will be great. ###I have a friend who is a member and has used it for pigs and waterfowl, swears he'll never stand in lines again to duck hunt. ###I look forward to meeting other members and getting away from the crowds. ###Thanks again for your reply. ###I would still like to hear from others about this club.

Bou
06-30-2001, 05:16 AM
if you live in Northern Ca. there is no reason not to join..the majority of their properties and good ones at that are located in that region. Being from So. Cal, access to thier prime properties was logistically difficult..duck hunting in the southern region blow as do the pig hunts..you will love it me thinks

spectr17
07-15-2001, 01:00 PM
Blacktail,

I would definitely talk to as many members and ex members as you can. From the 30 or 40 threads about WU I've seen on hunting forums in the past years there is certainly a difference of opinion on this club. It seems to be split 50-50 and the 50% who didn't recommend WU were very upset.

If you do join please let us know what you think. I get quite a few emails about WU and I really don't know what to tell people since the posts about them are so polarized.

Caveat Emptor applies.

Whoadog
07-15-2001, 09:10 PM
###If you like paying good money to get screwed over this is the club for you. ###Oh it all sounds great in the used car salesman pitch, but if it sounds too good to be true it probably is, lesson learned. ###I have plenty of stories from my three years in the club but don't have the time to type it. ###Let's just say there is plenty of bait and switching. ###I also know enough people that are now ex-members to know I was just not the exception. ###If you want details feel free to e-mail me. ###I don't belong to Golden Ram but friends who quit WU and switched to them tell me it is better, ###they may not have as many properties but they also don't sign up unlimited members.

Brian

buckhunter
07-16-2001, 05:00 PM
been a member for 14 years, some ups some downs but i still love it. the duck hunting can range between bad and great. but I would say that the big game hunting is some of the best I have ever done. If you do a lot with the family this club is for you. tons of great stuff to do!

BDH
07-17-2001, 06:09 PM
I just got back scouting a ranch that some friends and I have leased for the A-zone season near Paso Robles. ###We toured the ranch with the ranch owner and to his suprise we found Golden Ram Hunting Club signs on his property. ###It seems that Golden Ram leased the adjoining ranch and posted signs but they apparently don't know the boundries of the ranch they leased. ###So we are now going to have to get them to repost their signs on the right property. ###I hope we can become good neighbors and respect each others property. ###I know the boundries of our ranch but I'm concerned that some Golden Ram members who visit this ranch for the first time may wander on our ranch. ###It could get ugly, but I'm hoping for the best.