PDA

View Full Version : Anybody hunt D7?

jackrabbit
09-19-2001, 05:19 PM
Anybody hunt D7 opening weekend? ###I was west of Huntington Lake and just saw one doe, and no shots fired any where near my part of the ###mountain. ###Plenty of recent tracks, mostly headed downhill off the top of the mountain. ###Quite a few hunters up there, so maybe they flushed everything down deep in the canyons. ###Still surprised I didn't see a lot more does though. ###Think I'll try lower this weekend, then higher next weekend.

colby18
09-20-2001, 10:14 AM
jackrabbit,
went to go get my tag and they were sold out. ###Had a friend up there who said it was ridiculous how many people were up there. ###He has been going there for about 10 years and said he has never seen that many people. ###I'm not sure exactly where he went but he said he saw 1 buck and 1 doe. ###

I guess he heard that a guy short a monster 3x3 with a shotgun and the game warden took it away. ###What an idiot. ###

Bleu
09-20-2001, 01:06 PM
My buddy and myself hunted up by dinkey and there where a couple of bucks taken. ###Overall not a whole lot shootting took place. ###We where unsuccesful though. ###Might try again towards the end of the season we'll see what the weather does.