PDA

View Full Version : The race is on

qaz
04-25-2007, 04:53 AM
I now have 4 ground hogs for the year and am really itching to start on them seriously. I know alot of you wait until after the first cutting of hay to start, but I am more interested in getting rid of all of them and filling holes in.

Qaz

qaz
05-04-2007, 09:26 AM
I now have 8 ground hogs, all shot at between 150-200yds with a 17HMR. Last on shot at 152yds at a steep up hill angle and a 20mph wind from right to left. Took three shots, first two to figure where the bullet was landing, third went in right under ear. I love the little 17HMR because I can do this right around the cattle and not worry about making a $2000 mistake!

Qaz

inchr48
05-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Good shooting! Which HMR you have? I have the Savage 93R17GV.

qaz
05-11-2007, 05:50 AM
Savage 93, plain wood, bull barrel, first year they came out. I love the thing! The trigger has been done, now that was worth every penny. I see no difference in how it shoots with different brands of ammo. People keep talking about what their rifle likes, I see no difference with mine. It shoots everything exceptionally well.

Qaz

VA_varminter
07-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Cool I also have the model 93 bull with a synthetic stock and accutrigger and it shoots good. My friend kept the target but it shot consistent groups in 'not even close to ideal wind' I hit a coke can at about 110-120 yards no problem on the first shot even with the wind and all i could see of the can was the top one inch.

I am very satisfied and looking forward to the first of the small game to fall to it. I plan to go out for some groundhogs that I have heard about within the next two weeks.

My grouping did spread out at 200yards with the heavy wind so I will definitely try to keep it within 150 yards or so maybe 175 tops.