PDA

View Full Version : handi rifle

jim in illinois
03-18-2002, 06:51 PM
hey guys,
###I went out with the boys yesterday afternoon and when I got home someone had left their NEF 22 hornet in the seat of my truck!! ###Thats the story I gave the wife and I'm sticking to it!lol! ###My question is it has one of those little hammer extensions on it so you can reach the hammer under the scope. ###I've been playing with it for about an hour now and I can't get it to stay on the darn thing. ###Does anyone know where you can buy a GOOD extension from? ###This one seems really cheap and flimsy and it won't fit on the hammer right. ###Thanks, ###Jim

Bishop
03-18-2002, 09:48 PM
Cabelas has them. ###The ones they sell are double sided for use right or left handed

Shane
03-19-2002, 12:16 AM
I bought two of the Cabela's extensions and they are the cheap aluminum alloy type that don't fit the fat hammer of the NEF guns. I've got a good heavy steel one on my TC contender but I don't remember who makes it. Those hammers are stout (thick and a lot of tension) and require a good quality extension. Try Thompson Centers...

grtwythunter
03-19-2002, 05:31 AM
The one on my Handi is from Uncle Mike's. Plenty strong and stays put. Don't know if it'll help with your's, but the instructions that came with mine said to dimple the hammer with a punch where the set screw goes. ### ### ### ### ### ### ###Scott