PDA

View Full Version : Pig Guide Feedback

Quacker Wacker
01-15-2002, 08:07 PM
Based on some feedback I received on an earlier post I have narrowed down my research to Boaring Experiences and The Work Ranch, which is operated by the same people that run the Jack Ranch. ###I am leaning toward the Work Ranch because it offers accomodations, food, and a 2-day hunt, while the deposit and total hunt cost is about $100 more. ###What I'm looking for is some honest feedback on the quality of the hunts and the integrity of the outfitter/guides. ###Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Bill in SD
01-15-2002, 08:41 PM
How about feedback from people that were unsuccessful and did not get a pig?

Bill

Spearfisher
01-15-2002, 10:23 PM
Quacker Wacker,

What's your email address. ###I want to share some advice with you regarding pig hunting and guides.

Fubar
01-15-2002, 11:07 PM
Spearfisher ###Welcome to Jesses Forum. Where are you getting your Bonus points? ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### Fubar

waldo2382
01-16-2002, 12:30 AM
Since I haven't tried Boaring Experiences, I have tried the Work Ranch and made the suggestion on your last post. Bert Claussen, the guide, will work very hard for you and make sure that you get a pig. We arrived at about 3:30pm the day before and after we unloaded our gear, he was ready to take us in the field to get our pigs. We did see plenty of pigs that evening and didn't shoot one that night since we had 2 full days ahead of us. Anyway, we all got our pigs the first day and if we really wanted to, we could have gotten out pigs in the first couple of hours the first morning. The food there is good, not great, but good. Better than making our own food or going to McDonald's. Bert also has a refrigeration unit to keep your game cool and even cut up the pig to custom fit in our coolers (a sawsall is a wonderful thing.) The attitude of Bert was very friendly and he likes to tell stories. He also lets you decide on exactly what you want to shoot. There is no pressure since there are so many pigs in his area too. He works very close with Fish and Game to prevent poachers and the like, but he is very dedicated to his work. Good luck. I'm sure either guide service will treat you right. Remember, sometimes the pigs are there and sometimes they're not, but it is the effort and the experience of being outdoors.

Quacker Wacker
01-16-2002, 05:23 AM
Waldo - Thanks for the feedback. ###That is exactly what I'm looking for. ###I do understand that there is no guarantee, and to be honest I am most interested in learning about pigs and their habits and just having a quality experience with my friends.

Spearfisher - You can email me at bkondef@firstunion1.com.

Wherever I choose I will follow-up with a first hand account of my experience for the rest of you.

Spearfisher
01-16-2002, 10:16 AM
Fubar,
I have bonus points currently for Utah, Arizona and Nevada. They break down like this:

Arizona
Elk-6
Deer-4
Bighorn-2

Nevada
Deer-3
Bighorn-2

Utah
Limited entry deer-5

Next year I will start on preference points/bonus points for Colorade, Montana and Oregon. ###With all those states and those bighorn tags its $3,000-$4,000 a year that I send away, fortunately I get it back.

Spearfisher

paulc
01-16-2002, 08:48 PM
you cant go wrong with boaring experiences...they have a very proffesional operation. you will not be disapointed.. both times we have gone we have seen plenty of pigs..

Spearfisher
01-17-2002, 09:54 AM
Paulc,
It's Dwayne here. ###I guess your coming up in February for a hunt. ###It will be nice to see you and your wife again. ###Hopefully it will not be raining so we can get around and cover most of the ranches. ###The pig hunting has been pretty good and will only get better as spring and summer approaches. ###Talk with you soon.

Spearfisher

paulc
01-17-2002, 08:55 PM
dwayne, we are looking forward to it.. we can talk bonus points... looks like the 24th..

Rick
01-18-2002, 01:13 PM
Hi, Dwayne - I met you (I think) a couple of times at Ruth Taylor's ranch. ### I'm a friend of hers and my brothers and I hunt there.
### I can vouch that Boaring Experiences has access to some great pig ranches with lots of hogs. ###I'm not a customer, but have watched Dwayne work.

(Edited by Rick at 1:14 pm on Jan. 18, 2002)

(Edited by Rick at 3:37 pm on Jan. 18, 2002)

Hoghunter
01-18-2002, 10:15 PM
I can vouch for Boaring Exp. I have hunted with them several times not always successful but I still go Back.Kyler the owner knows quite abit about hogs and hunting them.They also have access to very good area.I beleive they have lodding and meals on there 2 day hunts.
### ### ### ### ### Good Hunting Hoghunter/Jeff

spectr17
01-23-2002, 05:44 PM
back to the top